We deliver or manage your hosting of Focal Point, with a proven track record in the area since 2004. Decision Focus can manage your entire hosting setup, license setup and configuration.
As of 2014, 76% of our clients have chosen to host Focal Point in the cloud…
Both large and small implementations, spanning multiple industries.
Lean Hosting – or Full Service Delivery
Based on extensive experience with hosting of Focal Point, we have defined a set of principles for managing Rational products in hosted setups. We know how to plan for patches, size for performance and deal with license setups. Hosting should just work.
You have the option of pure hosting of Focal Point. Or you can let us provide the hosting of Focal Point and a fully managed solution based on years of experience with our customers running in hosted solutions.
No one knows Focal Point better than us. We will recommend when to upgrade, take care of your IBM support issues enabling you to focus on your Focal Point processes, reports and decision support.
We have three standard offerings for pure hosting of Focal Point:
- 290 Euros a month for a small server. This is typically sufficient for new implementations with limited amount of data and up to 10 concurrent users.
- 450 Euros a month for more advanced setups.
- 990 Euros a month for larger setups.
Our hosting offering continues upwards to over 1 390 Euros a month for large setups including managed services, and 2 140 Euros a month and upwards for extra large setups with separate test servers.
Test environments and additional CPU, memory is priced separately. On top of the pure hosting of Focal Point, Decision Focus optionally adds additional services:
- Managing application upgrade plans
- Management of IBM technical support
- Performance optimizations
- Configuration services
Experience in Server Migration
Decision Focus has migrated several customers from legacy Telelogic servers and other hosting providers, onto our new flexible cloud environments.
We have a migration plan ready to help you deliver a swift migration in your organisation. We can take care of all technical planning, coordination with IBM support, test and sizing leaving you to focus on your users and your processes.
You choose if you want to run the entire migration yourself, or let us carry out the project. Based on your preferences, we then suggest various SLA’s for your consideration:
- For smaller implementations, an option could be pure hosting with lean SLA’s
- If you have a medium implementation and prefer Decision Focus handles all IBM technical support communication, bug reporting and upgrade plans, we suggest a managed hosting solution.
- For large hosting solution, we will suggest sizing, test and staging environments as well as governance of changes in your Focal Point configuration.
Security in the Cloud
All our hosting of Focal Point is under strict governance and follow official guidelines and ISO standards.
Among the customers hosting their Focal Point in the cloud are medical device companies, banks, city and government agencies as well as several IT organisations.
Naturally, the security is a concern for many IT operations. Decision Focus delivers an overview of the security, and it is validated by auditors.
Additionally, the hosting is offered with a range of security measures available:
- Limit access to defined list of IP addresses
- SSL encryption using certificates in your organisation’s name
- Force password change
- Strong password requirements
- Advanced user role setups
Finally, you may add VPN tunnels and you can import your user updates via Excel on recurring basis to automate disabling users.
Contact us for more information and quotes.